Homeowners seek ways to save money and energy. You may improve your house’s efficiency and save money on your annual utility costs without sacrificing comfort by updating or modifying the way you use your home appliances. Some tips to save money and energy on heating:
Ensure The Filter is in Good Working Order
- The furnace filter’s job is to keep dust from clogging up your furnace.
- Various factors determine the frequency with which you should update your filter.
- The frequency with which you clean, whether or not you have pets, and whether or not you have recently renovated can all make a difference.
Don’t Make Excessive Thermostat Adjustments
- Changing your thermostat habits can help you save money on your annual energy bill.
- Consider purchasing a smart thermostat if you want more control over your temperature settings.
- It communicates with temperature sensors in each room, automatically changing your home’s heating to your preferred temperatures.
- Smart home technology might reduce your energy use by 10% to 20% per month.
Annual Furnace Maintenance
- Cleaning and maintaining your furnace regularly will help it function more efficiently and extend its life.
- Look for heat pump service near me today if your furnace hasn’t been serviced this year.
- One malfunctioning item might pressure the remainder of the system, causing it to fail suddenly.
Purchase Double-Pane Windows
- Because your windows account for 15-20% of your home’s surface area, it’s critical to ensure that air does not seep via window cracks and gaps.
- Due to the gas in between the panes that boost insulation, double pane windows can also increase your R-Value by sealing air gaps in cold weather.
- You can save nearly 25% on your annual energy bills by upgrading your windows.
Keep The Area Near The Furnace Free of Deterrents
- Most furnaces are maintained in the basement, where we keep excess goods.
- It’s critical to keep a 3-4 feet clearance area surrounding your furnace free of stored goods.
- Because there is a burning gas in the furnace, this is a safety concern.
- However, air can circulate freely, which helps the furnace work more smoothly.
Turn Down The Thermostat When Not At Home
- Lowering the thermostat by two degrees while you’re gone can help you save money on heating.
- While this is a good technique for the winter, it’s not a good idea in the summer.
- The energy necessary to remove collected humidity and cool your home back to the intended set point after resetting your thermostat is often more significant than the energy required to maintain a given temperature.
Curtains Are a Fantastic Way To Save Money on Energy
- Using your curtains strategically can help you save money.
- You can avoid heat loss to the chilly outdoors by closing them at night.
- Opening them on the south or west-facing windows during the day allows warm sunlight to enter and heat the interior of your home.
If you are looking for heating maintenance near me, we at Calahan Construction and Air can help. Call at 214-664-6655 or email us to set up an appointment today.